Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Why Fear?

"Why fear?" is a question I have been asking myself lately. It is a very logical question, why should I fear anything when God is on my side, the creator of the universe! And yet so many of us have spent most of our lives fighting some form of fear..........
Fear is defined as being afraid or feel anxious or apprehensive about a possible or probable situation or event. Anxiety is something that has a huge grip on so many lives, it is very real and crippling so many people. I know I struggle with anxiety on many occasions. And I found myself asking the Lord the other night why I am so stuck in this fear and anxiety..........and I felt Him saying that it is because I keep choosing to try and control everything, because I won't release control of my life to Him. Which boils down to I lack full trust in Him..........and of course if I am not going to put my trust in Him then yea there is going to be anxiety and a whole lot of fear because I am afraid of what is going to happen next. Because I have not entrusted that situation to God.
So of course I knew all this before and many many people have told me before...........but there is just something about the Lord very clearly telling you, is when it just seems to click! At this point I don't know what the next step is.............but I will trust in the Lord to show me..........He is faithful!
There is my little random thought of the day!
"Why Fear!"

Isaiah 41:10

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment